Choosing the right breast pump can be confusing, and it’s important to get it right. Here’s a guide on what to consider when you’re choosing a breast pump.
- Why do you need a breast pump? Is it because of a supply or attachment issue, because you’re going back to work, or just so you can take a break.
- Frequency – how often will you need to pump? Some pumps are more heavy duty than others and designed for heavier use.
- Portability – do you need features like a rechargeable battery so you can pump on the go, or will you be mainly pumping in one place.
- Cost – how much are you willing to pay?
- Your personal situation – how long have you been pumping and how old is your baby, as this can affect how you respond to a breast pump.
Once you have a good idea about what you need from your breast pump, then you can decide which features you need and work out which pump is best for you.
See a comparison here.